The Conference was wonderful. There were awesome people to hang out with, cool speakers, funny Tripp and Tyler moments, and also I wore this nametag the entire time:
I took many notes to try and directly apply them to work/blogging/love, and I thought I would take the time to share some of them with you.
So here you go, Internet. Here are some out of context notes taken DIRECTLY from my notebook. I have not changed what I wrote whatsoever.
- To be successful, lie to your kids.
- “Be foolish enough to try, foolish enough to fail, and foolish enough to sometimes win.” – Michael Jordan
- What do you do if you have no money? Get creative! (Drugs, rob a bank, extortion ring….)
- Note to self: pay people to say “Hey, did you hear?” about ME
- Slip things into fortune cookies
- True value = a pool full of Asians
- To avoid being shy, take MySpace profile pictures of yourself
- Don’t meet people while naked
In other words, there’s a slight chance I missed the point of the conference.
Unless, of course, the point was to meet and interact and connect. Which, well, I guess definitely happened.
It was fascinating to finally meet all of the internet people I wanted to meet, and even more amazing that a few of you actually wanted to meet ME.
So, thanks for being friendly to me, guys, and for putting up with my obnoxiousness. I hope to spend time with all of you again very soon.
But not you, Jared Hollier. I’m pretty much done with you.
If we met at KT, please feel free to use the comments below to openly express how disgusted you were by my presence.